Fresh Flower Care Tips
Awsome! You just recieved a beautiful fresh flower arrangment!... Now what?
Here are some general tips for helping your fresh flowers to live their longest, happiest life.
- Keep your flowers under cool conditions. This will help them last much longer.
- Keep your flowers away from areas where wind, drafts, or extreme temperatures are present.
- Keep your flowers away from fruits and cigarette smoke that contain a gas harmful to the flowers.
- Keep your flowers out of areas where full sun is present, such as windows.
- Ensure that the vase is always filled with fresh, clean water. If your flowers are in a container with floral foam, make sure to add fresh water daily.
- Remove any dead or wilting parts of your arrangment as soon as you notice them.
- If the water in the vase is discolored or cloudy, then the water needs to be replaced.
Changing the Water in a Vase
- Remove any flowers that are either dead or dying, and carfully remove your arrangment from the vase.
- Clean your vase with warm soapy water. Make sure that you very thouroughly rinse the vase out after washing, so that no soap or residue is left behind.
- Give the stems of your arrangment a fresh cut. Cutting the stems at an angle is best.
- Add fresh clean water to your vase. Add in a packet of fresh flower food if you have it.
- Place your flowers back into the vase and continue to enjoy their beauty!